Friday, September 21, 2012


i am simply so grateful for all of the work and words that are being shared today and i look forward to reading every post... 

inspired by the darchor style of flags, my small metalwork seemed to lend itself to an interpretation of them... 


the just-opening lotus bud suggesting the vulnerability we often feel; a necessary transition that moves us towards blooming... for the more of us bloom, the better things are... 



in the final piece, the way the threads were knotted at the top created what look like arms - each color with its arms touching its neighbor... all connected, but separate - just like us... 

in peace, 
mary jane

8 comments:

  1. Mary Jane, these are wonderful! Such artistry and thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your metal flag seems to be weightless! It blends in so well with nature and there is a distinct spiritual quality about it. I do wish I could see it in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Miss Mary Jane! I love how you translated this project into your medium, your words, your feeling. My 'Wind Horse' necklace I made recently for the Challenge of Travel: Nepal would fit right in here as it was inspired by the colorful prayer flags on the stupa in Kathmandu. Love this. Thank you for sharing! Enjoy the day. Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. As I mentioned on your blog...these are so wonderful..I really do love the idea of happening upon them in the woods...little secret reminders of peace.

    Thanks again for this wonderful forum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. MJ - in a way the colours seem to represent so many of us from so many places who have joined you in this small but important ripple-gesture of peace; and may we continue it each day in small ways. Thanks for gathering us. B

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I think I said on your blog - precious pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I absolutely LOVE this! You have sparked creativity in me once again! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. these turned out amazing! I love them so much. The care and delicacy of them inspire me to bring that kind of thoughtfulness back into my work today :)

    ReplyDelete