Saturday, June 9, 2012

Peace flags and daily life

I took this photo today over at our shed.  The mist was in and the breeze was stirring and I looked up, and there was this little group of peace flags dancing and playing amongst it all. What I loved most as I thought about it, was that there they are, hanging on our old washing line.

The pegs are still there. The line still get used. It sags a bit and doesn't look in the slightest bit glamourous. But in there, amongst the daily chores of life, of washing and cleaning and drying clothes and cloths, is peace. Peace sits alongside our daily life and shares it with us.

A gentle reminder for me that peace isn't else-where or other-where; it can be found within us and in our daily lives.


3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Fiona, for this gentle reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fiona, you are a poet. I agree with Stregata, thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you fiona... you are right, living in peace is a quiet, intentional venture - but becomes as natural as breathing... you have inspired my next post here -

    ReplyDelete